View Single Post
Old 06-20-2017, 01:21 PM   #30
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I can see the Flames being better than last year but still don't expect much beyond them making the playoffs. We look at our own team through a lens of everything that went bad for the team going better this year. I get it. I think they should have a better start, I think that Smith should be a slight upgrade on Elliott on the whole, and that Brodie, Bennett, Gaudreau and Monahan should all have better years than last year. But what if we lose more man games to injury than last year. What if some of the underachievers have a better season next year but guys that had great years dip a little?

Not sure about the Kings but I expect the Jets and Stars to have significantly better years than last year. I hope for the best but don't see why the Flames would be ahead of any of the teams that finished ahead of them in the Pacific this year except maybe San Jose.

Maybe Treliving swings some "wizardry" in free agency that improves my outlook but I don't see why the Flames are expected to contend or win the division or win one or two rounds in the playoffs. It would be great if they did but in my opinion, that would be exceeding expectations.
Fan in Exile is online now   Reply With Quote