View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 01:58 PM   #14
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Also, I never factor in potential youth as a big as factor for the Coyotes as other teams on the rise. They've proven in the past that they will ditch a potential perennial playoff team/contender as soon the required salaries start to creep up to that of a normal team on the rise.

It's nice to look at all the names of recent big draft picks and prospects in the organization but they will get rid of some if they all start turning out and the rebuild begins again with maybe some brief playoff success in the meantime.

They are not a serious hockey organization.
I agree with this post completely. This team hasn't had an issue of not developing prospects, unlike some teams who hang out in the bottom of the standing perrenially. They just are averse to keeping salaries due to budget issues. Till they become open to spending more, they are not going to be a contender.

If they don't compete, it is tough to bring in crowds. If crowds don't come in, it is tough to generate profits/revenue to become comfortable with spending more which will keep them stuck in the doldrums till they move or get an owner who okays spending more.

I see the Knights facing similar issues once the new shine dissappears withut them achieving success.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote