View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 09:46 AM   #13
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
http://www.espn.com/espnw/voices/art...ort-women-team

"Out of a four-year cycle, USA Hockey pays for only six months out of an entire four years. They pay us $1,000 per month in those six months. So, for the other 42 months we don't get paid at all by USA Hockey," says Jocelyne Lamoureux-Davidson, a two-time Olympic silver medalist. "It is a full-time job and to not get paid is a financial burden and stress on the players, obviously. That is the conversation my husband and I are having right now. Is playing going to be more stress than we can handle? Sadly it becomes a decision between chasing your dream or giving in to the reality of the financial burden."
I guess the question is, how long out of that four-year cycle are they dedicating to the national team? She says it's a full-time job, but is hockey the full-time job, or is USA hockey the full-time job?

Whatever the deal is, they should be paid the same as men doing a comparable thing (which obviously isn't the men's national hockey team).

Maybe that's the men's national soccer team? There has been a similar argument in soccer I believe about equal pay.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote