View Single Post
Old 08-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #66
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Someone tell me what's supposed to be so great about spring, anyway? Even in places that have a textbook spring, it's just a cooler, rainier version of summer. Yeah, it's got tulips. And... what else?

If I get a long, crisp autumn, I'm okay with whatever the weather ends up being the rest of the year.
Over here in DC, spring is significantly nicer than summer. Day time highs are usually in the low to mid 20s Celsius, humidity is usually a manageable 40-60% or so during the day. The wind has usually died down, the grass is green, you have various flowers springing up and a significant amount of the city is pink with cherry blossoms. In terms of rain, it's usually fairly consistent year round, so it's not like it's worse in the spring. In fact, I think summer might be the wettest season over here.

The summer however, has many weeks where the heat is oppressive. People don't stay home because of the weather in the spring, but they definitely do in the summer. Over here and in most part of the wold, hotter definitely doesn't equal better.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote