View Single Post
Old 05-21-2012, 08:43 PM   #17
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

UPDATE - It seems the Potatoes For The People (or P4P) have taken their battle to Twitter... And there's possibly some back story about fines to the owner and repeated attempts to clean the lot up.

https://twitter.com/dcyyc/

Quote:
Fined several times but his has not changed the condition of the lot. How are the rights of the community respected?
Quote:
P4P was not politically motivated and planned for media attention. The plan was to beautify the neighbourhood for those who use it.
Quote:
No exuses for leaving land derelict and unattended. It is just property owner can afford to pay fines and continue to break the law.
Quote:
@lonnietaylor P4P is adhoc and smaller. I did not anticipate this. If JM was not my neighbour we would have flown under the radar
Reading between the lines here it appears there is a bit of history with this gardener & the city over this lot. So it's possible Mar was familiar with the lot in question as well as the resident, hence his quick & involved handling of the garden. But this is all really conjecture from what I gathered on twitter.

Confirmed - This was a blatant incident of taking matters into their own hands & Mar was aware of the lot/issue before today.

Quote:
@lonnietaylor I did speak to neighbours and call JM's office beforehand. Spoke to at least 40 people yesterday who loved the idea.

Last edited by Regular_John; 05-21-2012 at 08:48 PM. Reason: Added more info.
Regular_John is offline   Reply With Quote