View Single Post
Old 06-23-2017, 05:32 AM   #115
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Well now that we know the lists, I re-did my expansion draft. Where there have been reported or rumored deals with Vegas, I selected the player rumored to be going there (i.e. Fleury, Vatanen, Calvert). I selected a mix of veterans to help the team right away, and some young prospects that are close to contributing. I did NOT select any pending UFAs for ease of this exercise. Only RFAs or players under contract were selected. The total cap hit is $72 million, but that's with all the players listed and not the final roster. Here's what I ended up with for a lineup:

Mike Cammalleri-Tomas Plekanec-James Neal
Jonathan Marchessault-Cody Eakin-Michael Grabner
Matt Calvert-Marcus Kruger-Lee Stempniak
Pierre-Edouard Bellemare-Mikhail Grigorenko-Dmitrij Jaskin

Minors: Hunter Shinkaruk, Nick Shore, Kerby Rychel, William Carrier, Teemu Pulkinnen, Brendan Gaunce

Sami Vatanen-Marc Methot
Calvin de Haan-Toby Enstrom
Adam McQuaid-Matt Dumba
David Schlemko

Minors: Mark Fayne, Slater Koekkoek

Marc-Andre Fleury-Petr Mrazek

Minors/Trade bait: Philipp Grubauer

Quite frankly, this is a pretty solid team that could be on the playoff bubble if things go well. There's lot of flexibility as almost everyone is on a 1 or 2 year deal.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/70514

thoughts???? Anything you think I'm out to lunch on?
I guess I had a different philosophy from GMGM. I actually wanted the best NHL roster possible. He wasn't interested in winning for years and years by stocking up on draft picks.

I only guessed right on 9/30 picks, but at least I got some of the prospect picks correct.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: