View Single Post
Old 05-12-2017, 01:43 PM   #48
Fan in Exile
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
Go with Elliot as the starter and get another high draft pick. Isn't the younger Tkachuck in next year's draft??

All kidding aside, I don't have an idea of who I'd want to start and no one here has any idea of who BT is targeting. I just have faith in the management team to get the best available option. In the past the Flames were rumoured to be interested in Jones, Talbot, Murray and a few others so I think they're targeting the right kinds of players, it's just a matter of landing one. Even getting Elliot last year was the best possible move IMO, they didn't want to mortgage the future to trade for one so they went with the best value, hopefully this year they land a better option.
Treliving has some other moves to his credit but on what basis do you have faith in the management team getting the best available option? Yes, they may have targeted the best available options in past years but they have never landed the best possible option. Elliott was not the best available option and neither was Hiller. They were defensible choices but clearly they were not the best options leading us back to where we are in this off-season... and most of us think the best available option just signed with Dallas.
Fan in Exile is offline   Reply With Quote