View Single Post
Old 03-29-2017, 07:19 PM   #4750
Elmer
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Random View Post
As a matter of fact, people here on CP regularly complained for years about Kiprusoff being overused.

Your trouble, in any case, is about the facts that you don't acknowledge. When anybody brings up (for instance) the fact that the Oilers have had a tremendously easy schedule, or that one player is in on 40% of their goals, you mutter ‘echo chamber’ and dismiss it from your mind. Any data that interfere with your mental narrative about the Oilers' new-found greatness simply do not impinge upon your mind; and in the absence of those data, you conclude that anyone who does not agree with that narrative is being closed-minded and wilfully stupid. It won't wash.
So your saying there isn't an inherent bias against the oilers on the flames message board? That's what my echo chamber comment is addressing

I never said that Connor doesn't make a huge difference. If we didn't have him we'd probably still be struggling for a playoff spot. However we do have him, I'm not going to apologize for that.

I remember 2 years back when the flames beat the Canucks, my flames friends were rubbing it in that we were still so terrible. I stated then that 2 years from now we are going to have the greatest player since Crosby and you all will bitch that we sucked for 10 years and didn't deserve him... and I'm at peace with that.

Again I'll restate I would love for a BoA but even if the flames lose this board will still continue to say edmonton is no good... And I find that incredibly amusing.