Thread: Fence Dispute
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:29 AM   #69
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank the Tank View Post
Ah, that makes sense. I live in an older neighbourhood, so I can't imagine we'd have any of those. My street is one of those "crazy" old streets where each house was built by a different builder and all the homes look "different". I realize this is a strange and bizarre concept in new home construction.
To be fair the restrictive covenants are the ones that help a community look more pleasing. But I guess what looks pleasing is debatable. But typically they are things that restrictive people from doing ugly things to their house. For example if everyones house in the community is a earth toned colour, it wouldn't look very nice if someone painted their a red or a blue, it would stick out in a bad way. If it's a more upscale neighbourhood, then chain link fences would be prohibited. Of course these rules do waver on the line of "keeping a certain design theme" and "monotonous cookie cutter." I also live in an older neighbourhood and the variation is much better to look at. Although a lot of the older are pretty boring in comparison to a lot of the newer houses. I won't go into quality of construction or lot size or landscaping becuase the older houses will that take that one handedly.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote