Thread: Fence Dispute
View Single Post
Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 AM   #67
Frank the Tank
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredr123 View Post
Consider looking at the encumbrances registered on your title. There might be a restrictive convanent on their for some kind of common building scheme. It may be the case that such a document would restrict certain things you could do to your own property. In the case of restrictive covenants that burden all the properties in a building scheme and are for the benefit of everyone in that scheme, then they may be enforced by anyone who is interested in the scheme (i.e., your neighbor).

Negotiating like adults is never a bad move, but before you begin to put your foot down make sure you have a legal leg to stand on. Order a copy of your title and get the encumbrances too. Probably about $5 a piece.
Ah, that makes sense. I live in an older neighbourhood, so I can't imagine we'd have any of those. My street is one of those "crazy" old streets where each house was built by a different builder and all the homes look "different". I realize this is a strange and bizarre concept in new home construction.

"Sticking feathers up your butt does not make you a chicken."
Frank the Tank is offline   Reply With Quote