View Single Post
Old 08-29-2013, 09:07 PM   #8
ranchlandsselling
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So looking at flying into Liberia,
Heading to the Barcelo Langosta Beach Hotel for 3 nights.
Hanging around one of the surf towns for a week renting a condo or something
3 nights Four Seasons Peninsula Papagayo?

Does that sound reasonable?

Norm, I'd love to head south more - but given this is our first time and it is rainy season (October and May being the most wet months, your words) I'd like to hedge our bets and try to be as north/dry as possible.

I think the four seasons sounds pretty nice.

Not sure about the other one - but, it'll be nice to land, go somewhere and be taken care of for a few days while we get the lay of the land. Once we're comfortable then I don't mind taking care of myself (shopping for food, cleaning up after myself etc. for a week).

I generally prefer staying away from hotels and resorts but usually that's where I know the areas. And I think splitting it up is an okay idea? Thoughts?

The week condo will probably be around one of the surf towns in the G region

Playa Grande, Tamarindo, (Guanacaste province). Maybe we could split it up and head south to Dominical for 3.5 days, split the week condo time... But some of the guides said travelling south during rainy season could be difficult due to washed out roads and stuff...

And I'm seriously terrified of this whole rainy season = river mouths and murky ocean water = sharks/crocs.
ranchlandsselling is offline   Reply With Quote