View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 03:47 PM   #279
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
how exactly would a player be time-wasting when the clock is stopped?
I wasnt really all that clear, when you reduce the length of the game the players are going to be using the same antics they currently do and the games are going to be just as long. It seems pointless.

Say a 90 minute game with no stoppages but time wasting runs about 2 hours.

A 60 minute game with clock stoppages and similar time wasting will likely run a similar 2 hours.

I'd much prefer retaining a 90 minute game, still with occasional stops of the clock, but a hard crackdown on time-wasting.

Watching Futsal when they occasionally broadcast it is annoying. When that clock is stopped the players are just screwing around, it takes forever and gets annoying in a hurry, if you want to preserve the integrity and spirit of the game I dont think constant stoppages is a good way to do it.

"Oh the player is rolling around on the ground, okay get off the field. Haul him off the field right now and when his apparently life-threatening ankle injury miraculously heals itself in a couple minutes I'll consider letting him back on, in the meantime you'll play with 10."

You screw your teammates enough times with antics like that and eventually a lot of this stuff will work itself out of the game.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote