View Single Post
Old 09-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #18
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lots of good points!

Currently my s/o and I live in a 1600 sq/ft 4 bedroom condo. We'd LOVE to move soon and intend to as the renos are almost done. I've often thought about the size of a new house as it will always just be the two of us.

I think we'd worry less about the size of the home and instead focus more on the size of the lot. We quite like the condo we are in now, the only drawback is it only has a single car garage and the backyard is basically a deck. I decent sized house with a good sized backyard would be ideal for us. Each time we go down to friends places in newer south communities I'm blown away by how houses are mashed together with tiny backyards that aren't a hell of a lot better than what we have now. Avoiding that will be priority #1 for us.

And I'll echo what others have said, it's not so much the size but what's in it that counts. Having a 2 car garage is going to be a HUGE plus for us. Also having a good sized workshop for me would be awesome as well as a big office/hobby room for her. I think the ideal situation for us would be a comfortable sized bungalow on a big a lot as we can afford. Would be VERY odd sleeping on the ground floor but I really like how bungalows utilize floor space and they usually have a nice sized basement. I think a bungalow with walkout basement would be perfect.

I think we will be looking at a ton of homes before we buy.

Last edited by GoinAllTheWay; 09-10-2015 at 10:56 AM.