View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 07:19 PM   #55
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post

Now with regards to Williams vs. Ross, well, look at the last games of the season for both. Went up against the only defense in America that is close to NFL level in Alabama. Ross put up 5 catches for 28 yards and a fumble. Williams put up 8 for 94 yards and a touchdown, and as we remember he made several big time plays down the stretch. I wouldn't quite call him Mike Evans level, but he can be just a level below that which is mighty good.
You realize how bad of an argument this is, right? I'm not going to say that Ross is a guaranteed franchise player or anything but you'll find numerous scouts and draft "experts" who are worried about Williams at the next level. He's nowhere near Mike Evans. Like I said, most have Kelvin Benjamin as his NFL comparable. The big knock against him is that the reason he makes so many difficult catches is because he has trouble getting separation and is therefore forced to make those types of catches.

He might be a dependable redzone or third down possession guy, like Benjamin is, but just don't think he's all that explosive.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote