View Single Post
Old 02-17-2013, 02:43 PM   #31
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plett25 View Post
The Zags just beat San Fransisco... Kelly Olynyk looked pretty impressive. He runs the court, can put the ball on the floor and rebounds.
Yeah, he's really climbed up the draft rankings, I've seen him as ranked as high as 15-20 range, after not being on anybody's rankings to start the season. Given that stretch bigs are an increasingly sought-after commodity in the NBA, I think a lot of teams will take a serious look at him. It's easy to imagine a team using him as a floor-spacer who can still post-up and rebound when necessary. I don't think he's got a super-high upside, but he could be effective within the right role.

Depending on whether Kabongo finishes the season strong and declares for the draft this year, that could give Canada three first-rounders.

I'm also starting to get excited about Bhullar's upside. He's finally blocking and rebounding like you'd expect a 7'5 footer to do, he's staying on the court for 30 minutes a night (conditioning was always the big concern with him), and his team is winning (admittedly, in the very weak WAC). He had a game a couple weeks ago where he racked up something like 18 points, 17 rebounds, and 5 blocks, becoming the first NCAA freshman in a few years to put up those numbers. A couple years of polish and he'll be a really nice prospect.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote