View Single Post
Old 02-27-2024, 03:46 PM   #1127
Baron von Kriterium
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Good day, CalgaryPuck community. I'm not sure how to approach this, but I thought I'd start here.

I am medically releasing from the Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) 18 Sep 24. My pension will be, shall I say, "ok" but it will still be a noticeable hit from my current salary. Therefore, my intent is to augment my pension.

As part of my transition to the civilian world, the CAF offers several programs - one of which is vocational rehab. For the next six months I can go back to school or work, assuming I can find someone to hire me. Now, here's the thing, the military pays me for the next six months, so my offer is to volunteer for a company with an aim of gaining some experience and a reference.

Fields I'm looking at are cybersecurity, technical writing and graphic design. I used to have extensive AutoCad experience (but that was AutoCad 2000) so I'm looking at that option as well. At any rate, I'd be looking for some refresher training.

So, if anyone has some leads on companies that would be willing to take on a (soon-to-be-ex) military dude pro bono, please drop me line.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Baron von Kriterium For This Useful Post: