View Single Post
Old 09-02-2014, 09:00 PM   #208
Eastern Girl
Crushed

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pizza View Post
Before the YLYL thread, there was the popular "CP Hottie Draft" thread started by Girlysports
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=57980

and "CP Hottie Draft II"
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=73919

then the "Male Hottie Draft" (interesting that Peanut and Eastern girl posted and heavily participated in it)
http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=73855

YLYL seems like an ongoing extension of that thread and if anything, those threads deserves as much scrutiny as the YLYL thread

Anyways, considering Girlysports (the godmother of this awesome trend) started this at CP, i'd love to hear her thoughts on all this

Edit: oops... this was already brought up by Minnie and Cali Flames Fan
I did post in that thread. I don't deny it, nor have I tried to deny it. We finally got our own thread and it was fun. We finally got to let loose a little. I don't think we were man hating in there. I don't think we ripped anyone apart in that thread. I think we really were generally appreciating the male form, which apparently is what you guys argue you are going for with the YLYL thread. If that was the point, I just don't think you achieved it, at least in what I saw of it.

Also - our comments were contained within that thread and not within every other thread that we posted in at that time. We posted our pictures. We chatted a bit in a fairly decent manner. It was awhile back, but I don't recall anything too untoward in there. We kept it in one place.

Perhaps I am being a hypocrite here, but I think there's a vast difference between our one thread in 2009 and what the girls on this site put up with all the time, since before our thread and after, all the way to the present day.

It's funny to me that most guys seem to be saying they'd be okay with us ladies having our own thread to post hot guy pics. That's really nice of you guys. It really is, but it's funny to me how it's qualified by saying we can 'have our own thread.' Why do our pictures of hot guys have to be contained within the one thread? Are you guys not comfortable with the idea of us posting hot guy pictures and then commenting on them everywhere on the site, in the same vein that you guys have for years with T&A pics?

You know, perhaps we should fight fire with fire. Perhaps I start posting penis shots in every thread, whether it fits the topic or not, just cause I'm a hot blooded woman that likes a nice penis. It's totally natural. I am sure it's even scientific. So, why am I and the other ladies not doing that?

Because you guys would kick up so much crap. That's science. It's been seen already.

So, why is it okay for you guys to do it? Why is it okay for you to saturate other threads, that have nothing to do with women or sex, with pics of women in various states of undress or with ridiculous comments about women? Why is that okay?

You want to have your girlie pics, so be it. But keep your pictures in that thread and keep your sexist comments off the board entirely. I can't believe that's being met with resistance.