View Single Post
Old 06-19-2017, 10:36 AM   #1056
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
Their hope in trading for Bishop was to be able to play more offensively, but it clearly didn't work.
Yes... because they're old and slow and can't score enough goals. Which would have been the same under Quick as it was under any other goalie. It's a small sample for Quick but let's review their 2017 on-ice season side-by-side...

Quick GF/60: 1.75
Budaj GF/60: 2.08

Quick GA/60: 1.99
Budaj GA/60: 1.86

Quick CF%: 53.4
Budaj CF%: 53.9

That's goals for/against per 60 minutes and shot attempt share. The differences are marginal (better for Budaj but I'll cut Quick a bit of slack and figure he'd have bridged the difference over a similer number of games). The results for the Kings "playing different" in front of Budaj look an awful lot like the results for the Kings playing in front of Quick. The shot share is most telling... if the Kings were in fact playing different I'd expect to see a more then 00.5 difference in their shot attempt share.

Jonathon Quick is a product of his environment. That's not to say he's a bad goaltender (he's not) but the past success of the LA Kings was a product of the team in front of him and that team fell short (and I expect to continue to fall short in the immediate future).

Last edited by Parallex; 06-19-2017 at 10:50 AM.
Parallex is offline   Reply With Quote