View Single Post
Old 07-29-2017, 02:33 AM   #397
rubecube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
The thing all of the people you listed have in common is that they never actually led a government. I'm guessing financial incentives to remain as a simple sitting member aren't as strong for former governors.

Harper and Prentice instantly come to mind, but it is not an uncommon choice for a former gov't leader to quit instead of being a back-bencher. Paul Martin seems to be an exception.
Yeah, that's fair. My argument would be that most of them were pretty evasive about their futures when the time came. Clark was pretty adamant that she was staying on. I could be wrong on this though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
I'm well aware of what the point you thought was earth shattering. The result wasn't exactly as she stated. You're basically trump bringing up Hillary's emails after he won. I fail to see you bringing up Horgan and Weaver not banning corporate donations as they promised. As I said, we get it. You don't like Clark and the Liberals. Point has been made and received.
Seriously? You're going to come at me with a bunch of weak ass whataboutisms and ad hominems like this? You're better than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I would honestly be very surprised if Mulcair stays on to be honest. I would think that once his obligation to the party is over that he's going to walk away from the NDP and go into quiet retirement.
It's possible but he's still a very popular and effective parliamentarian. I don't agree with Mulcair on much but I respect the hell out of the guy. I'm hopeful that he sticks around.
rubecube is offline   Reply With Quote