View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 05:11 PM   #58
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cameron Swift View Post
Funny you bring this up as I was just comparing the price of a game in Ireland (where I'm from) when posting my previous post. A match at Shelbourne still costs roughly the same (15 euro for an adult) and while the football isn't the greatest, the atmosphere and stadium are a lot, lot better as you pointed out. Granted some of that is down to longevity and a different culture, but I'm not sure how a club would go about obtaining that feeling here.
My tickets for the Europa league game were $15 euros as well. I thought that was a completely reasonable price for a club that was about the same quality as what you'd see in an FC Edmonton game. Honestly, I don't know if you'll find a sporting event for much cheaper than you would get with Foothills in this city. If you want to factor in food and drinks it's around the same price as going to a movie.

I don't know what the Hitmen are charging, but the tickets for 2015-16 were in the same range at $18.50 for adults and $13 for kids before additional fees are factored in. None of the Flames, Stampeders or Roughnecks are close to $15 a ticket. Dawgs tickets are the same price if you want seats, or much cheaper if you want to sit in the grass.

It's hard to compare the sport in Canada where the professional game is just now starting to be stable in a few markets, and completely unstable everywhere else, with a country where the sport has been around for generations. It's like comparing the Flames to the Dublin Rams of the Irish Ice Hockey League. What's the right price to get enough people out to a game without losing boatloads of money or siphoning funds from your youth club (which is the whole reason for the PDL club in the first place)?

I'm of the belief that if people want to go, they will. If they don't want to go, they'll make excuses as to why they can't. I do the same thing myself with other sports in this city.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote