View Single Post
Old 05-30-2016, 09:23 AM   #167
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matty81 View Post
I think anybody with above average skills (basically any top 6 winger in the league) will look good beside McDavid. I'm still in the camp that the Oilers are idiots if they don't trade that pick or draft a D man. Tkachuk doesn't help them - their forward corps is not perfect but it's fine. Would be moronic to draft another forward, and Tkachuk looks good but I don't see a franchise player there, probably a solid productive NHL top 6 winger which is not a hard asset to acquire compared to a top defenceman.

They are never going to win anything without adding two top pairing D, and no one is going to trade them those players for soft supporting players like Eberle, Yakupov or RNH anymore. Hall is the only guy they have who another team will move a young front line defenceman for (obviously McDavid is staying put), outside chance Draisaitl, but despite the hype, he's been terrible outside of one 2/3 month stretch so you're more likely looking at a similar dman with good upside but not established coming back...

So just move down 3 or 4 picks and grab Juolevi... Add another asset, get what you need to build a winning team.

They are so bad because they don't know how to build a team, and picking Tkachuk would be another bad mistake by them unless they are moving Hall for a dman in a seperate deal and Tkachuk is basically a replacement.
I think they draft a forward to replace forwards that are traded for help on the D this summer.

I could see them taking a D man if they don't make any trades.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote