View Single Post
Old 06-30-2017, 04:50 PM   #159
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Doesn't sound like Dave Dickenson were happy with the way the Stamps played even though they won. I thought they were sloppy too overall.

GOOD:
MLB Alex Singleton - he was a beast all night. He recovered the fumble for a touchdown earlier in the game unfortunately the play was ruled as incomplete pass so TD was not count. He was also responsible on another fumble return for a touchdown in the 2nd half when he hit Lavoie so hard that Lavoie fumbled the ball after the catch. LB Maleki Harris recovered the ball for a TD.

Micah Johnson and the rest of the DLine. Micah Johnson sacked twice and pressured him all night. Charleston Hughes also had a sack. Unfortunately the DLine got banged up. Bryan Hall, James Vaughters and Kashawn Fraser all went down during the game. Not sure of the extent of the injury.

Receivers Kamar Jorden and Lamar Durant both had a ggod night.

Rookies R Michel(first TD catch in his first catch on 1st game in the CFL), RB Terry Williams(good job filling in for Finch return job) and Tunde Adeleke(punt return for a TD) plus Andrew Buckley(50 yards 3-down gamble TD)

BAD:
Secondary - Joe Burnett got picked on and burned a few times by Trevor Harris. Can't wait for Brandon Smith to come back or even maybe Stamps should give Patrick Levels a try again and return Burnett on his usual SAM position. Secondary were just awful all night.

Special team coverage - it's been a long time since I've seen the Stamps cover team gave up tons of yardages on the return.

Kicker Rene Paredes. Missed a couple of convert and a field goal attempt I believed. Paredes also had a slow start last season missing some FG the first 3 or 4 games. I hope a slow start is not becoming a norm for Paredes or else he might find an unemployment if this keeps up. I like Paredes and I really think he'll bounce back soon. Right now I can't even trust him to kick a field goal.

Shane Bergman leaving the game due to injury. Like I mentioned earlier, Several DLine got banged up during the game. Bryan Hall, KeShawn Fraser and Vaughters.

I am sure they will clean up their game in Winnipeg against the Bombers next Friday.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote