View Single Post
Old 06-14-2017, 08:11 AM   #422
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by topfiverecords View Post
Except for the fact they've made an extraordinary amount of extra revenue through HUT. Though it does explain why that mode gets all the attention.
Well clearly they make money on the game or it wouldn't be made at all. That really wasn't my point. My point was this isn't really a game you can expect a huge overhaul on or continual addition of massive new game modes. You'll get little bits and pieces here and there as small low cost projects come to fruition.

And you hit the nail on the head...the part of the game that truly makes money for them gets the attention. You see the same thing with Fifa as well of course though having 20 million units sold through also allows them to concentrate on the core game modes more as well. And let's not forget that while they may make a lot on NHL HUT that amounts gets crushed by the same mode in the other games.

I'd love to have altruism and desire to make the best most authentic game possible driving EA Sports but the reality is it's a business and they put effort towards the money makers.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote