View Single Post
Old 03-02-2017, 07:15 PM   #7
Travis Munroe
RealtorŪ

Exp:

To chime in on all the informative posts above,

- staging is a great option and if it were free I would suggest everyone do it. With that said, it is costly and each house is unique in how I go about marketing the property. If your property is a fairly common property in a area where homes are moving, I would see no point in spending the money on staging. If it is a unique home or something I predict to be a tougher sell, then 100% we need staging. There are multiple levels of staging as well which I take into consideration when preparing my marketing report. There is also virtual staging and I can have the photos look as if the home is staged to attract buyers in the door of a vacant property.

The point about realtors not liking offers conditional to the sale of a home is not completely accurate. Although you can continue to market your home as active if an offer conditional to the sale of the buyers home is accepted, I would need to inform buyers realtors who ask if the home has any offers on it that we do in fact have a offer. This can turn what may have been a new buyer without such condition off of the property as there is no guarantee they will get the home if the love it.

I can prepare a market evaluation and give you my expected timeline to sell under different prices to help make a decision best for your family. This would then allow you to browse the market at your leisure and only act on the perfect home with no pressure on a tight deadline.

As for the market right now, it has been a night and day difference from this time last year. Prices don't seem to be doing much but sales activity shows properties are actually moving whereas this time last year it seemed that nothing would sell. I have been involved in multiple competing offer situations this year which is also a good sign of the market stabilizing. Condos remain the challenge but side by sides or detached homes are moving as if there was never a slow down.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com

Last edited by Travis Munroe; 03-02-2017 at 07:23 PM.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post: