View Single Post
Old 01-30-2010, 11:38 PM   #61
VladtheImpaler
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FanIn80 View Post
While I would never question your right to not like basketball, saying you'd donate $100 to make sure no one else is able to watch it is a pretty nutso comment to make.

1. It's about as right-wing as you can possibly get.
2. $100 is a pretty crazy number. I think you'd have to come up with a lot more than that.

Anyway, putting the crazy stuff aside... I see a lot of people making general "I hate" comments in this thread, but I've never understood why people hate basketball in this city.

If someone were to ask me why I hate MLB, I can hammer out a top 10 list of reasons in about 30 seconds... so why do you guys hate basketball?
Good of you to take me so seriously. First of all, it's the left-wingers who want to prevent others doing stuff. Second, I do not wish to spearhead this laudable initiative - if someone else does, I will donate the c-note. $100 represents the extent of my caring - I hate basketball just enough to pay a little bit of money never to see it or hear of it.
As to why I hate it... one reason is only 2 of the 48 minutes are relevant, and it's just not a sport that fits into the cultural panorama of a young Russian lad from the Steppes...

Please check out http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthr...94#post3726494

VladtheImpaler is offline   Reply With Quote