View Single Post
Old 11-30-2016, 02:25 PM   #1181
ernie
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think it's an darn good album from Metallica. They get back to their roots a bit but put it over some of the, I don't know, bluesy swagger maybe, they developed since Justice.

I like it. A couple of filler songs for sure but a couple of tremendous ones as well. I think it's a solid 4 to 4.3 out of 5. It's not a 5 but it's darn good.

I have the deluxe edition and the Rasputin concert is fun.

Went to see Dream Theater in Tulsa a few weeks ago. Not everyone's cup of tea I know and given they were performing their rock opera "The Astonishing" from start to end I was skeptical. It isn't my favourite album to say the least. It was simply one of the best concerts I've ever attended. They did a darn fine job with the graphic novel-esque videos running behind the band advancing the plot etc. LaBrie sounded better than I've ever heard him including his recorded work to be honest. Very, very good show. I personally prefer them live without Portnoy as Magini isn't always looking to hog the attention like Portnoy. It has especially allowed Myung to step up front a bit more (it's subtle as he's not the most outgoing player but it's a change).

Last edited by ernie; 11-30-2016 at 02:37 PM.
ernie is offline   Reply With Quote