View Single Post
Old 12-16-2016, 08:17 PM   #54
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

I really enjoyed it, but I agree with the sentiment that the biggest emotional response about a character dying was K-2SO. I think they could have cut out Sol Guerrera entirely and used that time to develop Jyn more.. I mean it feels like she's being dragged into something she doesn't care abouohhey she's doing a speech now and now she flew off to die for the cause. For all the time they spent early on it didn't feel like I knew Jyn or cared one way or the other about why anyone was doing anything. Same with the rebellion, I know there's lots of other material to establish that Empire = bad, but you still have to show not tell or assume it's been told.

Agree with the music isn't nearly as good as I would have hoped.

Tarkin was so bad, I almost wish they would have gone the more cheesy route of just having his face in profile or talking from behind. Or just got someone different that looked similar and gave him distinctive cheek bones, I mean if Batman can be played by different actors... And Tarkin was great compared to Leia at the end, wow that was nightmare inducing.

But still overall was a good movie and I enjoyed it more than many I've seen this year. It's a good experiment and I hope they do more.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to photon For This Useful Post: