View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 05:46 PM   #298
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by afc wimbledon View Post
One of the things I try to teach to my foster kids is not to look at a job as 'a job', the reality is most jobs consists of various parts that you like or dislike, so use those 'parts' to work out what you are good at, what you like, what you are lousy at and what you hate, (and sometimes you can be really good at something you hate), when you work out the parts of a job you like then pursue jobs, or a career in areas that emphasise that skill or function, and be careful you don't qualify yourself out of that part.

I started work in welfare office, worked out quickly I was a lousy clerk but loved helping people, after a year parleyed that into working at a group home, that became a better gig as a youth worker, at 35 I should have gone to school part time to get a degree and become either a social worker or teacher but in truth while that is the natural career path both those jobs are just glorified clerks so I avoided them like the plague and went into contract foster care instead, I'm good at what I do, love it and have the added benefit of knowing its important work.
You're not grinding them up for meat are you? I've eaten British food...its questionable...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote