View Single Post
Old 03-15-2017, 02:34 PM   #284
saillias
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
If I had a do-over and could go back in time I probably would. I sort of fell into my profession inadvertently and while I make a good living and the work can be interesting at times it is also something I definately do not enjoy doing every day. But I've invested too much time to change now and the job is pretty niche so there isn't a lot I could do otherwise anyhow. In other words I'm too old and my education is too out of date to make a change now unless I blow it all up and go back to square one. Looking back I wish I would have taken some time to pursue what I really wanted to do (or thought I wanted to do anyhow) and given that a chance. Instead I did what I thought others expected of me and once I realized that was not what I wanted I always felt it would be too many steps back to change direction so I just kept trudging along, waiting to see where life would take me next.
I've been meaning to make a post in this thread, mine would be identical to this. Although the work is not interesting at times, ever.
saillias is offline   Reply With Quote