View Single Post
Old 03-16-2017, 06:52 PM   #13
heep223
Could Care Less

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taffeyb View Post
It's too easy to buy tickets nowadays at less than season ticket holder cost.

I have season tickets and I am seriously debating whether or not I should keep them. We only go to 1/3 of the games due to school and work commitments. It is getting very hard to re-coup my cost. That being said, a good rest of year and a playoff run may change it. I fret that the economic realities is the main factor driving the prices down. The Flames are having a good year, but there is not the same degree of demand. My litmus test is whether I can basically break even on my unused tickets. It's definitely touch and go. The other reason I like have tickets is that I get a free option for the games that we can attend and, of course, playoff tickets. I guess that the other factor is the new arena -- dibs on seats -- however, at this rate, I'll be retired away from Calgary by the time it is built.

By far the biggest factor in the resale market is the quality of the team. Given the terrible start, many casual fans lost interest immediately and are only coming back now that they hear the team is making the playoffs.

So if the Flames are good for the next 5 years, and signs are pointing to them being good, I think there will be a strong market IMO.
heep223 is offline   Reply With Quote