Thread: Dash Cams
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2012, 02:43 PM   #7
Burninator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by worth View Post
It's in the car all the time, it's permanent. I hardwired mine in. I have both my radar detector and dash cam running off a tapped auxiliary fuse. All wires are run hidden for a clean look. A lot of people just use the cigarette lighter method, maybe because of laziness or lack of electrical knowledge, but they are really not that hard to hardwire yourself with some basic knowledge.

Camera comes on when I turn the car on. Camera goes off when I turn the car off. I have a 16 gig card (I think) in the camera and it just loops over itself. It's 4 - 6 hours of HD recording. My camera also records GPS location and speed.
Interesting. I like that setup a lot. So did you just tap into the interior fuse box and run the cable under the trim of the dash/headliner/a-pillar area? Did you mount it behind your rear view mirror? I guess the theft of the camera isn't a concern? Sorry for the barrage of questions, but I would be really interested in this if I could mount it cleanly and have record automatically.
Burninator is offline   Reply With Quote