View Single Post
Old 12-13-2023, 10:12 AM   #48
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
It’s a great point and you’re absolutely correct. It’s also what makes this even more disgusting in my view, leveraging the public’s civic pride to benefit a rich man and make them even more obscenely rich is in fact, pure greed and disgusting. The type of thing our society needs to shed itself and fast- you are 100% correct.

So I have been actively trying to care less and disengage and to some extent succeeding this year. I think for me watching the Flames is a bit habit, it’s on in the background, I shut off games. I haven’t watched one full game this year and the one I was invited to was for work and I spent the whole time chatting for business purposes. I told the dude who invited me that next time we should just hit a pub.

#### the owners who do this, it’s revolting greed in a society that’s already incredibly sick with it.

If you need public handouts for your business because your player expenses require it, you’re a ####ty business person and absolutely NOT a capitalist. You’re a grifting parasite that should get taxed into oblivion. Murray Edwards should be forced to sell off his ownership stake in any Canadian company unless he moves back and pays taxes. This Leonsis clown, a building that’s 26 years old and he wants to skyrocket the equity value of the franchise and sell? Pay for it on your own. Why should Ovechkin get $9mm per year if you should be saving $10mm per year to pay for your new stupid arenas? The. Model. Is. Broken. And it sure as #### isn’t “business”. It’s parasite greed disgustingness. These people are cockroaches. And you’re right, we should all quit on them.
It’s also bizarre to frame it as hating the rich and capitalism.

This isn’t capitalism. It’s corporate welfare. That’s the opposite of capitalism.

And sure I hate ####ty billionaires. That’s pretty different than hating rich people. What even is a rich person by these standards?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post: