View Single Post
Old 04-20-2016, 10:57 AM   #978
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Both actually. I run my Imperial Assault campaign at a friends place on a folding table with a little side table for me to do my GM things on that they cant see. Standard seating on chairs with some Star Wars theme music going in the background.

Then when I play more casually at a friends place, like many of the games listed in this thread, we play on his coffee table with some regular person music going, drinks, snacks.

I think for a game like Galaxy Trucker or Ticket to Ride the couch/coffee table set up is ideal. Promotes the social atmosphere and makes things nice and cozy. For a more serious take on a campaign strategy game you need the space of a large table and attention of your players so I like the regular table.

And no matter what you are playing on, phones go in a pile off to the side. Board games are about interacting with each other, leave the text messaging and Clash of Clan resource gathering until you are alone at home in the dark.