View Single Post
Old 03-31-2017, 01:59 PM   #59
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
Ah right, I should go get a coffee.

Not sure if it matters to you but I believe United's monitoring is local.

Not sure about ADT.
ADT's is local too, but frankly, if it's 24 hours, I don't know that it makes a huge difference that the guy who's getting the alarm and calling CPS is in Nova Scotia.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockeyguy15 View Post
So with United you pay nothing up front but pay an extra $432 over the life of the contract compared to A1. So in theory you are paying $368 more over the 4 years with A1.

How long are you going to live there? A wired system is going to be harder to move than a wireless system so that could be something to keep in mind.
Correct, which is why I'm kind of leaning towards the United side of things. However, I'm still not clear on what happens if I want to end the contract. Sure, okay, it makes sense that if you're on a four year term and want to cancel after three, there's going to be some sort of penalty. But what if it's six years later? Will they try to charge me for the equipment they installed? Not clear what the deal is with that so I may try and clarify things with them.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote