View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 09:55 PM   #11
bc-chris
Franchise Player

Exp:

thanks for the kind words guys - and the ideas

i wish my dad had the strength to do one more 'project' with me. when my wife and i had our house built we took over when the drywall mudding was done. my dad and i finished the interior of the house together... paint, flooring, trims, baseboards, etc. not to mention build my pool table and most of the cool stuff in my games room. those times together (and not just my house, but many other projects like that) were awesome.

i love the idea of doing some videos with him for my kids - that's a great idea

captain... explaining what is going on to Jordan is going to be tough. my sister/brother-in-law's youngest is about 8 months older than Jordan and they basically told her that grandpa is going to die very soon. apparently the kid is an absolute wreck and pretty much breaks down every time the phone rings becuz she thinks it's grandma calling to say that grandpa has died.
Jordan is suuuuuuuuper sensitive (she's an absolute sweetheart, but sooo sensitive). we're really struggling trying to tell her in a way that she'll grasp but won't crush her. my mother-in-law just got back from a month long trip and Jordan was fine that grandma was on a trip.... so we might use that angle to help break it to her that grandpa is going on a very very long trip and we are all very sad to see him leave.

Matthew is still waaaay too young to even grasp what's going on and is more interested in licking windows... seriously... that's so gross! ha!