View Single Post
Old 03-20-2017, 09:42 PM   #173
FusionX
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
Come on now. You think if it wasn't Doughty, Tkachuk is getting 2 games?
Edited your post there a bit and to answer the question as well, that would be a big no.

Heck, even the garbage written by that "hockey writer" from the other thread I'm not going to link started with, and I'm paraphrasing here, "Norris winning, all-star defenceman Drew Doughty" blah blah blah.

We all know that had it been someone else on the receiving end of the elbow or say, a Connor McDavid giving the elbow there would be no suspension. As an aside, can you imagine what would happen if McDavid one day elbowed Crosby? Someone would probably have to arbitrarily decide something and then later get fired just to nullify the whole thing.

As if this wasn't frustrating enough, all the people telling everyone off as they think the league "did the right thing" blissfully ignores the fact that this decision basically cements their biased justice and is completely in line with how they do things on a regular basis.

Am I surprised Tkachuk got suspended? No. Do I think it warranted a suspension? Ya, it was a pretty nasty shot though I still don't think there was malice/intent to injure. Importantly however, do I think Tkachuk should be have been suspended by the NHL? The answer frustratingly to this question in my mind is no, and I think that's why so many, including myself are unhappy with this ruling and not at all because we are rose-tinted goggle-wearing Flames homers.
FusionX is offline   Reply With Quote