View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 09:05 AM   #21
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Yeah, it's pretty crazy how quickly people default to that. The options right now are a) inside job by the US government b) attack by Russia c) attack by China. Lol. And then of course we'll have other crazies claiming that one option is crazy, but for the other ones they "could totally see!1!".

Such a terrible incident and feel terrible for all the victims. I think last I read was 40 or so missing? Can't even imagine.
I can be sarcastic or whatever, but I cant even imagine either.

Realistically...if you're just on your daily commute and a gigantic ship takes out the bridge you're on...what do you do? You're going in the drink. I hope you can swim.

Imagine if you've got kids with you? Maybe in a car seat? Thats just nightmare fuel.

And theres really little to no warning and not much you can do.

Even if you see that slow ass container ship kinda looking off-course it probably never crosses the average commuter's mind that its going to hit the bridge or that the bridge is going to go down faster than a 5th grader's science project.

No one would expect this.

Thats how we know its terrorism!!

I'm kidding there, I dont really think its terrorism.

But that containership company really should have done their due diligence before hiring Francesco Schettino as their Captain.

"Have you crashed into inanimate objects before??"

"Me? No! No! Certainly not!"

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote