View Single Post
Old 07-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #692
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
You think Iginla would be fine playing on the 4th line after being the face of the franchise so many years? I don't think so. Brouwer is a nobody, him playing on the 4th line is nothing like Iginla playing on the 4th line.
You seem to have a problem with it but I am not convinced Iggy will. This is a guy with one year left. He wants to win. The Flames may be a team that he ends up being a top line guy but if he fails to do that and gets passed by Ferland/Frolik/Lazar and is stuck on the 4th line and the Flames are a top 5 team in the league I don't see Iggy having a problem with it.

He was the face of the franchise and that is now Gaudreau, Monahan, or Giordano.

Where I think some people struggle with Iginla is they can't get the past out of their heads. The past plays a part in bringing him back but we are not riding back the same player. 4 and a half years have passed. The only roster players still on the team when Iggy was here are Gio, Brodie, Backlund, Stajan and Dougie played with him during his year in Boston.

The Fans, Owners, and 4 players are the same. Everything else is new from Iggy's time here