View Single Post
Old 07-15-2017, 07:21 PM   #816
Iggy Snipe
Powerplay Quarterback

Location: Pengrowth Saddledome, Section 222, Row 23, Seat 14/15
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Are you saying if Edmonton waived McDavid you wouldn't want him on this contract?
Of course you would want him, but at those dollars, it might not be worth it.
You can get two impact players for the same cost. I feel like McDavid was truly worth closer to 10 million.

Would you rather have Monahan and Gaudreau, or just Connor McDavid? The money for the contracts is close.

I rather have Monahan and Gaudreau, as it fills two roster spots on a top line, and pays the same.

My point is, its a lot of cap money spent on one roster player, I think it will prevent Edmonton being able to keep some other of their key pieces as the years go on.

They have bad money with Lucic, Nugget Hopkins and now Russel. (16 million million) They now have 28.5 million tied up between those 4 players, and only 1 of them is any good. This is more money than the entire Calgary Flames backend (Giordono, Hamilton, Hamonic, Brodie, Stone, Bartkowski). Add them all up and its still 3-4 million cheaper.

Add Draisaitl to the mix at 7-9 million (Edmonton over pays for everyone), and the problem grows even more.

I like it.
Iggy Snipe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy Snipe For This Useful Post: