View Single Post
Old 07-14-2017, 10:28 AM   #66
Itse
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild GM View Post
For what it is worth I think the criticism of both the powerplay and goaltending coaches have been unfair.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
In totally agree. The thing about special teams is that they tend to run hot and cold for every team all season, and then teams will often experience huge swings in their season-by-season ranking every year. I think failures and successes of a team's powerplay are products of randomness to a large degree.
I don't really disagree, but my point was really that you don't get the same kind of pushback when people criticize other coaches. Some, but not to the same amount and not with the same tone. I don't really see a reason for it. Sigalet is one of the coaches, and as fans we are constantly asking who is doing their job and who is not. Granted we don't usually talk about the goalie coach because his job is less visible, but I don't see how that makes a difference. A coach is a coach.

I think everyone acknowledges that fan criticism is what it is, often poorly informed one way or another. However, it's what fan forums are all about. As fans we like to talk about our teams, even when we might be terribly wrong.
Itse is offline   Reply With Quote