View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 11:13 AM   #37
howard_the_duck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
I can't see how we would want to keep Bennett with Monahan and Duchene on our team.

My guess is it would have to be:

Bennett + Kylington (or similar higher end d-prospect) + other asset.

Personally, I don't like the deal. Duchene is already 26 and in the new NHL many players start to decline in their late 20s. Duchene has unfortunately wasted several of his prime years on an abysmally managed team. I'm not sure he's going to bring a winning attitude to the Flames, who assuming they acquired Duchene, would need to start competing immediately.

There's also too many questions around our goaltending to start competing now.
My only explanation would be Jankowski's development is 'found money' to the Flames current front office. Like fans, he's not an asset they necessarily banked on, and was a long term project. His first pro season was fantastic, and even to the debate in the Bennett vs. Jankowsi thread, there's an argument to be made that he'd be ready for full time NHL duty now in a similar role to Bennett.

Not saying I agree with that sentiment, but if you did move Bennett + for Duchene, you'd feasibly be looking at similar immediate impact and potential plugging Jankowski into his spot.
howard_the_duck is offline   Reply With Quote