View Single Post
Old 06-18-2017, 08:35 AM   #60
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
I'm not certain they do. There's a lot of going over other teams rosters looking for players that are possible fits for Calgary without consideration of what Vegas wants or needs in a deal. Making a deal with Vegas will be just as costly as making a deal with any other team. There is no bargain bin here, and that is the impression I get when people are talking about making a deal for a player that Vegas might select.

And what does Calgary have that would entice Vegas to make a deal with us. We admittedly state we are fine with losing anyone on our list. That means they are players of little consequence to us. If they are of little consequence to us why would they be of any consequence to Vegas. Unless the Flames dip into that pool of assets they don't want to give up, why would Vegas select a player we want over what they want? There's no free lunch here, and that is the impression a lot of these suggestions are projecting.
I haven't seen anyone suggesting the Flames will get any of these players at a discount, or assuming we will somehow get a "free lunch". So I really don't see the need for you come along and smugly state the obvious.