View Single Post
Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 AM   #104
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
I think it's actually failed, and because of one simple reason - credibility. People are talking about it because of how ridiculous it is. It's too over the top and contrived. Their goal is to sell PPV's. They've gone so over the top that people now see through it as a WWE type promo, and there's no way that their ultimate goal of PAYING for that PPV will happen. Bars will pony up some of the cash to get customers, but the Average Joe won't pay that money.

If they just had one press conference right before the event where they trashed one another on the stage, that would've come across as legit hate and maybe you'd fall for it, but this garbage we all witnessed shows they're selling it on hype and not on the basis of the sport, boxing.
I don't know what you are talking about here. There are people in my office talking about it that didn't even know who McGregor was prior to this fight. That's exactly the goal to get non-fans interested in the fight and it's been a massive success with the promos being played over and over on all sports air waves throughout the world. This fight is much more appealing to the average Joe than a Mayweather vs Pacquiao because the average Joe really doesn't watch boxing any more. MMA is already surpassing boxing on a PPV basis and this is going to combine both audiences;

https://sports.bwin.com/en/news/info...ic,116485.html

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 07-16-2017 at 10:23 AM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post: