View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 03:02 PM   #28
Vulcan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
I hope you can tell me honestly that you don't own anything made in china or india. Or for that matter, pretty much all of asia, save japan. And I think mexico too.
Go check the tags in your tightie whities and your jeans and your shirts. Any of them made in asia? Then you're just as "sickening" as the rest of us.

Hey, anyone have a flames jersey handy? What's the tag say?
Probably 99% of my clothing is made in a third world country. I don't have the choice unless I want to walk around naked. When I was young, 99% of my belongings were made in NA. Something saying Made in Japan was held out for ridicule. The difference between Japan and these third world countries is that Japan owned their own factories. Later and for a long time I would search for Canadian or else US made products and was willing to pay the premium as they were of better quality as well as supporting our economy. I also made an effort to buy NA made cars but that's getting harder also. Lately I would find a Canadian product with Canadian labels until I'd run across a label hidden in the sleeve saying made in Bangladesh. I've pretty much given up although I just found a Penman's t-shirt saying Made In Canada.

And thanks Devils' Advocate for walking some of these posters through the seeming minefield of logic and morals but I've come to believe that most won't learn anything, and then it's probably temporary, unless they are hit over the head with a disaster such as the Iraq War.
Vulcan is offline   Reply With Quote