View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 03:54 PM   #28
Split98
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm hoping that Treliving is looking for a RW for Johnny and Mony, and not 'he's a good enough RW to play #1'

Ferland played well with them, Brouwer has a big enough opportunity infront of him to motivate anyone, and we still have the 3M line.

I'm just not sure who that RW can be.

Is it a playmaker?
I watch Johnny all year get stood up at the blueline, and it seems the book is out on him. We need someone to help push the attack and get the puck to dangerous areas. Getting someone that can bring that makes Johnny all the more dangerous. Which winger is going to be finding your holes is a nightmare on defence

Is it a sniper?
With as mobile defence as we have, maybe they cover the above to free up Johnny a bit. Someone that can pick corners from anywhere would add a very scary dimension to that line

Is it a big-body?
Someone that can punish along the boards and protect Johnny seems to be the bill we often look to with that line. I wouldn't want anyone but Ferland in that role. I still think there's a lot to be unearthed with Ferland offensively, and there's few in the NHL that can match him physically.
Split98 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Split98 For This Useful Post: