View Single Post
Old 06-24-2017, 03:39 PM   #21
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Realistically a guy like Williams will be sought after by contenders and still has something to offer to them so I doubt he looks at the Flames.

Iginla is more in the bargain bin these days than Williams and would probably be had for cheap, but it seems like the Flames and Iggy have agreed that time is done or as Burke put it, the ship has sailed. I'd love to see the guy back but I don't think he is top line material anymore.

Vrbata is a great goal scorer but I haven't really watched him much last year, is he still spry enough to keep up with the young guys? Odds are at 36 he is after a multi-year deal, pass.

Doan and Gionta are to old, Stafford isn't top line and Hemsky is way to soft for an already soft line. Jagr is an interesting pick, he seems to be down for 1 year deals at this point and still contributes well, big body that creates his own space like Gaudreau out there. But I doubt he looks at Calgary.

For Radulov his ask is just to high and he wants loooong term. Flames already have a lot of young top end talent they need to lock up long term.

I honestly think the Flames 1st line fill comes in a trade, Neal is an interesting target.. but would cost a lot as I imagine Vegas is planning to dump him at the deadline for an inflated price.

Last edited by GreenLantern; 06-24-2017 at 03:41 PM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote