View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 08:37 AM   #1038
Ryan Coke
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Thanks for your viewpoint, it is thought provoking to read. I very much appreciate MBates insights on the defence council’s important role in the functioning of our legal system. The role of a juror is equally valued, and your insights into the sacrifices and emotional toll it can take is powerful.

I believe in the system of checks and balances, of legal requirements and appeals, to attempt to ensure justice is achieved, as often as possible. But there is also no doubt, on individual cases, it can be heart wrenching and frustrating. I don’t find them to be in contradiction, they are both true and real parts of the system.

So thank you for your service to our justice system, it must be incredibly difficult, and unlike a defence attorney, something virtually nobody ever aspires and chooses to do. Especially in a case like this one.

I can only hope that in spite of the emotional toll it can take on many, that justice continues to be done in this case. Again, doing the work you did on this case is extremely important and appreciated.
Ryan Coke is offline   Reply With Quote