View Single Post
Old 03-19-2017, 09:00 PM   #10
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just came back last week after about 6 years of not going and it's changing pretty quickly (Varadero). Specifically that strip downtown. Personally, not out of pretentiousness or anything, but I seen that Beatles bar, which was loud American music. Sure it was crowded, but I'm not really there for that as I can get that at any local Canadian or American place. Calle 62 is pretty good as you'll see some locals and dancing (and damn are they good). I didn't do a resort this time, and stayed at an AirBNB's in Varadero, Havana and Vinales and I'd recommend all three towns/cities. Varadero beach is still the best one I've been around the world (though now they're really manicuring it), old Havana for a night is good to see a place stuck in a time warp, and Vinales for the outdoor life (caving, cigar rolling, hiking, horseback riding, etc). All in all, for relaxing and a good drink, Varadero will do it for you. American's everywhere aside from Varadero. They're the good ones who want to be less ignorant, so they're alright.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bluejays For This Useful Post: