View Single Post
Old 03-18-2017, 01:15 AM   #41
flamesfever
First Line Centre

Exp:

I always told my kids to find out what they like doing, do it to the best of their ability, and create or find a market for their own skills. I think that if your child is gifted enough to get a degree in something they are good at, then it is still one of the best investments a parent can make.

One of the problems with undergraduate studies these days is that there are too many half courses. I believe you need a semester to grasp the basic concepts, and another to put them into practise...so whole year courses would be much better. Post graduate studies usually get away from that problem.

I believe that not all universities are the same...some are recognized as being better than others. And if a child is particularly gifted and focused in a certain discipline at a young age, then it is probably worthwhile to find the best school possible for him or her. Sending them away from home, can often be the best thing that happens to them.

Another thing I believe in is that the years between age 20 and 30 are the most important. In general, I think people peak at a much younger age than one normally thinks.

Last edited by flamesfever; 03-18-2017 at 01:32 AM.
flamesfever is online now   Reply With Quote