View Single Post
Old 02-12-2024, 06:13 PM   #23
Titan2
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy14 View Post
I don't think this is exactly correct. I believe, improperly filling out a do-it-yourself will kit does not operate to make your will a holographic will. A holographic will must be written entirely by your own hand and not generated by way of mechanical processes. Improperly filling out a kit renders it the same in terms of enforceability as an improperly executed formal will prepared by a lawyer.

Arguably, you are better off either doing a proper holographic will or having a formal will prepared by a lawyer, rather than taking the do-it-yourself route and risking stepping in it.

Follow-up note: an improperly signed will is not fatal, it just complicates things a touch.
Obviously, you are probably correct. I was chiseling my notes on a stone tablet at the time. I think that perhaps the professor's point was that the judge would take away all of the typewritten text and then try to interpret the remaining handwriting as if it was a HW, which clearly it would not contain enough information to be able to find that it is a valid will.
The Following User Says Thank You to Titan2 For This Useful Post: